Tuesday, June 12, 2007
Spring Breeze is finished
This quilt was a mystery designed by Dorothy Young (Yahoo group, pocketfulofmysteries) which was done just over a year ago. The quilting pattern is three sizes of cloverleaf on a meandering vine from Munnich Designs. I finally got around to quilting it, using my new HQ16 on my PCQ setup. What a pleasure it was to do! I had been using a Juki98Q, which is a super machine, but just not enough throat space to quilt without a lot of tinkering about. Now I can chose a pattern and not have to reduce it size by estimating how much throat space I will still have to work withafter the quilt is all rolled up on the pole at the end. Sometimes there is was so little room for the machine to move that the pattern needs to be greatly reduced. Anyway, this is the first quilt completed on with the new machine. I did get a queen size quilted, but it still needs to be bound.
On Sunday I did begin cutting on one of my Christmas list quilts. I even have 22 of 34 9-patch blocks completed. I'm hoping to get back to the sewing room today and do some more.