I finished the Orca Bay top yesterday! So glad all those bits and pieces are completed. I found that keeping everything oriented properly was a challenge-and there is still one that I may or may not correct. I may choose to call it a design element and leave it. It still needs to be pressed, then it will mellow and age a while as I have another quilt to begin piecing, and, of course, many to put on the frame and quilt.
Looking at the photo, the top appears very ‘light’, the neutrals are more obvious than when I enlarge the photo, or look at the top in person. It gives a whole new perspective. I think I will plug the photo into Photoshop and play around a bit, trying some of the filters that Vicki used in her Color Theory post last week. That post has lots of good information to use when selecting fabrics. Now that I am on that train of thought, I think I will also use it on the photo below.
This is what I hope to get started on today: Green and purple batiks need to be sliced and diced so that I can begin piecing a very graphic design, the pattern appeared in Fons and Porter’s magazine last spring.
Check Patchwork Times for the design walls of other quilters.