Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Third installment of quilt show

Here we are, the next batch of photos from the quilt show. This colorful pineapple quilt was done with lots of strips, as you can see in the close up.

Then there is the amazing portrait. I apologize to the quilter/artist as the work was incredible, but my photo is a little blurry. All 'painted' with fabric.

The following two are a modern and a traditional take on squares, I don't know how the modern one was constructed, but looks like it could have been a nine patch too. The last two were interesting for the overall affect. One for the 'blend' the other for precision.



6 comments:

Melanie said...

Great Photos - I feel like I was there. I can't remember the last time I went to a REAL quilt show.

Unknown said...

Those pineapples are gorgeous - I once did some foundation pieced giant leaves which had a similar effect - thanks for sharing

Jeanne said...

Great quilts! Thanks for sharing. My favorite is the ninepatch.

Mary Johnson said...

You know, I missed the show 2 years ago because I was out of town. I only attended one in the 4+ years I was living in Marietta and a member of the guild.

The quilts look great - thanks for sharing the photos but I didn't see any of those string quilts :)

sewprimitive karen said...

I'm enjoying your photos of the show, Gail, even though I was there. I had to go a little faster than I wanted and sometimes we noticed different things.

Unknown said...

Some more great quilts. My favorite is the nine patch, scrappy and colourful just as I like them! Thanks for keeping on sharing. Take care.