Sunday, February 24, 2008

Playing around with my new toy



I finally had a chance to get up into my sewing room today. There are a few tops waiting to be completed, tops waiting to be quilted, and fabric waiting to be ironed and cut into new tops. The sewing room could also stand a good cleaning. NOT going to happen! I needed a chance to do only what I wanted to do, nothing that I 'must' do. And, that is exactly what I did!

I still have lots to learn about my new embroidery machine, but today I played with it some more, here is what I made. I need to figure out what happened with the flames-see the white area? Not sure what caused that, I'm hoping I can find an orange pigma pen and just dab it away. I'm not to proud to 'cheat'!

2 comments:

Deb said...

I have a janome 300E, and when white specs like that come up from the bobbin it means that it is caught--usually my top thread is catching on the machine somewhere (usually by the thread holder--it gets looped around it) Sometimes it undoes itself, and leaves behind what you showed. Nice job. What brand of machine to you have?
debbers

Saska said...

I've never been around an embroidery machine, but seeing more and more designs with it makes me want one!