Monday, August 08, 2011

Design Wall Monday for August 8

Another week has rolled around, how time flies!  The quilt on my design wall isn’t much further along than the last time I posted. Last time I said I hoped to finish the top (sashings and border). Well, the ‘bad’ news is that I didn’t get that done, I only progressed this far.

buck a block sashings 002a

However, the GOOD news is that the chip for the quilter came, DS#1 installed it and the machine is now running. So, instead of finishing the Buck a Block top, I quilted two tops, one is bound the other has the binding attached and I am doing the hand work in the evenings in front of the TV.   I don’t feel too badly about not getting this top assembled since I finished a quilt and a second will be finished tonight or tomorrow.

Click on over to JudyL’s site to see what other quilters have on their design walls. While you are there, wish Judy well on her harrowing move to Texas.

7 comments:

Nancy said...

Very pretty! I figured you've been deep into some project!

Angie in SoCal said...

I like your buck a block quilt and no, it's not bad at all you didn't get it finished - what with getting two other quilts almost done. Congrats. Be sure and show them to us.

Quilter Kathy said...

Pretty quilt going on your design wall. Congrats on the other finishes!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Glad you got your chip for the quilter and sounds like you are really enjoying your quilting. How do you like the new quilt frame?

AnnieO said...

Progress is progress! Sounds like lots of other fabric related fun has been happening under your needle.

Melanie said...

Rockin' border and framing pieces...love it! something out of the ordinary.

Jack said...

Why would this show up on my reader, again? New comment?