Friday, January 13, 2012

A visitor to my sewing room

vlcsnap-2012-01-07-23h05m19s17

I’m still working away at my Orca Bay Mystery quilt. As I was trimming the orange string blocks, I was just dropping the scraps into a pile. It formed an amazing orange pyramid on the cutting board. Somewhere along the line, I noticed a tiny scrap moving across a strip of the aqua…what the ?????   A ladybug had decided to visit the sewing room, she blended in beautifully with my orange scraps.  I grabbed MOTH’s camera, but neither of us could remember how to use the macro function before she became tired of posing. Can you see her there on the strip?

1 comment:

Jack said...

I can SEE HER! I was taught as a child that lady bugs meant good luck. We would hold them out so the could fly and say, "Lady bug! Lady bug!
Fly away home.
Your house is on fire.
And your children all gone.
All except one,
And that's little Ann,
For she crept under
The frying pan!

Why don't you name your quilt, "Little Orca Annie"?