Monday, November 26, 2012

Design Wall on Easy Street

Yes, I plan to be working on Bonnie Hunter’s new mystery quilt “Easy Street”.  Bonnie is using Lime, Aqua and Purple, with a gray “Constant” and black and white background.  I’ve done a lot of purple, or purple and green as well as some aqua recently, so I’ll be using different colors.  While trying to come up with colors to use, I noticed the Palette Challenge for November that Judy L and Vickie have issued.  Decision made, I will use colors from that palette.

I will use black and white for the background as Bonnie is doing. My constant is still being considered. I wanted something more towards the brown than towards the orange, something more like caramel, but both of these match the colors in the given palette. Unfortunately, the flash sort of bleaches out the fabrics.  I think the color of the fabric on the left is shown more accurately in the photo above, I think that is the one I will be using.

Stop in at Patchwork times and Quiltville to see what is happening on Design Walls and Easy Street.

2 comments:

Dar said...

Ooooh great colors. I'm doing Easty Street too, but my colors are more like Bonnie's. I'm behind as usual, but hope to catch up by Friday.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

I really like your color choices! I just finished a kids quilt using citrus colors and love it. Good luck on Easy Street.