Sunday, November 16, 2014

Getting there

So I've been working on getting all the blocks finished.  I think I have finished the alternate blocks, but after miscounting some of the components, I won't say that I HAVE finished.

How does that happen?  The 3.5 inch components were counted as they were made, the were pinned together in groups of 10 to make recounting easier.  I put the pieces out as they would appear in the block and counted stacks of 9 (9 alternate blocks) and discovered that there were too few of certain little blocks.   I suspect that the same gremlin that absconds with the random sock has found its way to the sewing room and has been having a block tasting party.

I don't have room to get them all up on the design wall, but if you saw last weeks post, the empty spots are now filled with the alternate block. Bonnie Hunter calls this design "Easy Street", I think this one will be named "The Sunny Side of Easy Street".

6 comments:

Charlene S said...

Sometimes the gremlin takes off with pieces and sometimes it recreates more.

Cathy said...

I love your Easy Street. That yellow just brightens it all up!

Sue Daurio said...

Love your color choices. Easy Street is one of my favorite!!

Libby in TN said...

Such a happy version of Easy Street!

Jack Nimble said...

Very pretty.

Scooquilt said...

Beautiful color choices! I know, I miscounted on the quilt I'm making, and it only has twenty large blocks!