Monday, October 16, 2006

Back to kindergarten or...

I can't count! All my Leaf Season blocks were made, and I was laying them out on the design wall to place the colors pleasingly. AAARGHHHH! I'm one leaf block short! Darn! Not a big problem because I have lots of hst and such left over, just annoying because I counted finishing the blocks as a milestone and was ready to join blocks into strips as my next milestone. Don't know if I will get to it today as I have some errands to run, including a stop at one of my LQSs to pick up a monthly installment. Pfui !

7 comments:

Patti said...

Don't you just hate that! At least it won't take you long to make another.

Carol said...

BOO! I hate when I do that! I count and count and then I think I'm done and I'm not. A customer told me to put safety pins in a stack of like 10 blocks...then you don't have to recount...see a stack with a pin and it's 10. I jsut have to make sure I have 10 in a pin. :)

Susan said...

How annoying....... You get out of the groove. There you are, all set to assemble and you have that snafu.

I am sympathizing here.

ForestJane said...

Ahh, but look on the positive side... now you can look at the layout, and if you want more yellow... or orangey... you can make it to order!

Laurie Ann said...

Your leaves are looking great and I like the looks of the scrappy ones interspersed among the solids. Now that I know you have a GSD I will be hounding you until you post a picture of Nic!!!

Finn said...

Hi Gail, I think your blocks look great!! Are you planning to set them without the second block?? I do like how they look laid out. Sorry you misplaced or miscounted..one more..boo hiss!! Hugs, Finn

Susan said...

But the layout looks so wonderful! I'm sure you're already past this point and working on the setting blocks now. =)