Friday, October 13, 2006

Leaf Season update





I'm making progress with my Leaf Season quilt. I'm not as far along as most of you, but as has often been said, its not a race. (Good thing! LOL) I've finished my leaves-you remember those, they gave me such angst when I tried to be scrappy. The outcome is that I did solids, then I 'forced' myself to do some scrappy ones. I added a few more fabrics to the group so that the differences weren't so harsh, now the scrappy works a little better to my eyes. I don't think that I am entirely happy with them, but they are going into the quilt as is. Today I have been working on the alternate blocks. I am hoping to get them done before Sunday, if nothing else happens. I thought for sure that I would get to sew all day on Wednesday, since I had the day off. That was until I received a phone call from my oldest with the opener " uh.....we were wondering if you have to work tomorrow...." that's the standard preamble to the request to babysit whichever grandchild is too sick to go to daycare. What's a grandmother to do???? Like I would turn down a day of cuddling and snuggling with one of them. I momentarily regretted losing the sewing time, but have to admit to completely enjoying my day with my grandson glued to my side. By the way, we had to run up to the sewing room (a place he is not allowed-he's only 3) for a second, and he looked around and announced he really liked this room! lol, maybe someday he will want to try one of the sewing machines.

12 comments:

Joyce said...

Your design wall looks like a wind storm in autumn. Very cool.

quiltpixie said...

what a lot of leaves blowing around in your corner! The scrappy ones turned out really well I think :-)

Hedgehog said...

I love your leaves! Including the scrappy ones!

ForestJane said...

Hey, I think I like them like that with no connector blocks too. :) And I bet that grandson ends up with lots of quilts!

Cynthia said...

all the leaf blocks look great together. Even without the alternate blocks.

Sweet P said...

I love the way you have your blocks arranged on your design wall. I think you should quilt together just like that! Your grandson sounds adorable!

Susan said...

A day with a grandson is a day well spent.........

We are at the same place in the road on the leaf quilt. If I ever get my chores done I can go back downstairs and stitch a bit more.

Your leaves are looking great. I like the way you have them displayed.

dot said...

I like your leaves. They look like they are floating in air. YOur fabric choices are wonderful. I look forward to seeing the completed top.

Angie said...

OH Gail, the way you have your blocks placed on your design wall it looks like the leaves are being blown by the wind. Lovely! Are you going to piece them together like that? I think I would if I had come up with that layout! :)

Cher said...

I think your leaves all look great- scrappy ones are fun!

Bonnie said...

Your leaves look great. I like the combination of regular and scrappy.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

I love your combination of solid AND scrappy leaves! And my 3 year old son - I try to keep everything important or Sharp - UP high... but scrap bins, etc. he likes to play with. Lately he has been laying down a big piece of fabric and then carefully placing smaller ones on top making his own "qluilt"! Who knows - you might have a future quilting companion in that grandson of yours!

Cheers!

Evelyn