Sunday, December 03, 2006
Just finished doing the final border on my Prairie Basket top for my Jo Morton Club class. Luckily, this has a primitive flavor, because although I traced my vase directly from the pattern supplied, and it did look a little lopsided to me, it REALLY looks lopsided on the top. Its a primitive, I MEANT it to be that way. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. The top is about 32.5" square.
One of the reasons I took the class was the promise that working with all these little pieces would help improve my accuracy. I will say, things are working better, partially because of what I've been taught in the class, but also because of some of the things I have learned through this blogring-things from Patti C. and Judy L. , among others.
I'm still working on that diamond shaped batik. Still debating exactly what to do with the borders. I have decided that everyone here was right, I will use the batiks for the border, just not exactly sure how. I have to make up my mind soon as I am running out of time.
On a personal note: The writing of this post was interupted by a phone call from my Marine. He called from ship saying he can see the coastline, can even distinguish buildings. He will soon be back on US soil and we will get to see him in a few days. Thank you, God.