Monday, January 29, 2007

I'm loving these weekends




I just had the third good sewing weekend in a row! Yippee! While I didn't get as much machine time as I might have, things were good in other respects. I've had trouble with my quilting frame getting out of square and vibrating too much. DS#1 came over to take measurements, we bought some lumber and he began working on a solution to my frame problems.

I finished another quilt (was a flimsy) that I was just going to hang in the sewing room for fun - it could be the Stash quilters banner, so many cartoon depictions of hiding and storing stash. I discovered that it is just the right size to use as a shawl and ward off the drafts during this colder time of the year. After Judy L's reminders of the blog ring focus, I must tell that I pieced scraps of batting to use for this quilt, and the binding and backing are both from stash.

I am in the process of finishing another quilt, also a flimsy, which now only needs a label; it should be done tonight. This top was made from stash, except for the background fabric. The backing is pieced from what remained of the fat quarters I used for the blocks on the front. This is my first pieced backing, and I learned something important for the future. I will need to iron seams open if I piece backs, I can see where the quilting boggles a little where it crosses the back seams and seams in the block.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great quilts! Love that bright stripey border and of course my favourite fans quilting :-)

Shelina said...

Gail, you have been busy. Great job getting things done, using up scraps, making beautiful quilts!

Susan said...

You are really moving right along. I am running to catch up...........