Monday, February 26, 2007
Hour a day for February
I spent the weekend working on the hour a day quilt. I must say, if I were buying fabric to make this quilt, I don't think that I would ever have chosen the fabrics that I did. However, working from stash means I had to use things I had enough of. Its much darker than I would probably have chosen, but I am pleased with how it turned out.
The star points are made from different red FQs that I had, although within each star the fabric is the same. The black was originally purchased for a backing, so I had lots and now have only scraps left. The gray is actually a gray with black/metallic gold and brown marbling which was also intended to be a backing. I still have some of that left-it may wind up as part of a pieced backing for this quilt. The 'worst' part of this quilt was that the black and the red I used for sashing were some of the fraying-est fabrics that I can remember ever using! But it is done and ready to take its place in the pile of those tops waiting to be quilted.
I don't have anyplace high enough to hang larger quilts, so the bottom is trailing on the wet deck. I'm happy to have gotten a picture between the rain! I also worked on a top for my Quilt University class, it is almost finished.