Saturday, December 29, 2007

Cleaning and camping



























































I never did get to do any sewing, but I did get to
go in and do some preliminary cleaning in the sewing room. The book shelf in there had almost collapsed when dh tried to move it so he could relocate the telephone to another room. Since we had to move the bookcase in the family room to put up the Christmas tree, I decided to abscond with that fully functional bookcase. Switching things around resulted in some reorganizing and general picking up. Not perfect or complete, by any means, but a few steps closer than before. I have next week off, so hope to get to spend lots of time up there. We'll see how that gets to work out.

Meanwhile, Dot emailed me and said that she had begun working on 'my' quilt. I had forgotten all about it, but back when Judy L. presented that block and challenged us all to design a quilt out of it, Dot had asked if I would permit her to make my design. Immensely flattered, of course I said yes. Well, she has actually begun to make that quilt. Hey, look ya'll, I'm a designer!!! Stop by and give her some encouragement. Personally, I love the fabrics she is using and think it will look terrific.

To give you something to look at, even if its not quilt related, here are some pictures of a two day camping trip that DH and I took with some of my online lady camper friends. We all have the same type of camper and get together to camp. DH is an honorary member and gets to be the much spoiled center of attention. We camped at High Falls State Park in Barnesville,GA. It was cold (for Georgia) and mostly rainy, but the company was excellent and we had a ball. Since the weather wasn't right for sitting around a campfire, we drove a few miles away (the town of Juliette, GA) to have lunch at the Whistle Stop Cafe and see the little street with all the old shops. This is the place that Fried Green Tomatoes was filmed, and it is exactly like the film. What great fun!!

4 comments:

Granny said...

You ARE a designer! See, that wasn't so hard. Dot's quilt is beautiful!

QuiltingFitzy said...

We love camping, wish I could get my dh to look into one of these, they are CUTE! Totally tent campers we are.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

It sounds like you had a good time camping! I thought that cafe looked familiar - very cool! And I saw Dot's progress. What a great block you designed!

Nana's Quilts said...

Oh, aren't you so lucky. I wish we could camp in the winter, but while we don't have lots of snow, the rain really puts you off. And what a dear little town. Great fun, indeed.
Marne