Sunday, January 13, 2008

Thread, thread and more thread


Seems like every thing I have the desire to do is thread related. Just before Christmas I finally decided (started deliberating LAST Christmas) to get myself an embroidery machine. I did, but haven't had much of a chance to play with it and learn my way around because of the holidays. However, now it is January and I have started the new year by taking an online course in machine embroidery at Quilt University. I tried two things on my own before the holiday- I did read the manual far enough to be able to try it out. This week I did a few other designs an learned that I need to learn a whole lot about stabilizers and how to choose the appropriate one for the background fabric I'm using. Anyway, here is a design I did the other night as part of the learning experience.

7 comments:

ForestJane said...

Wow, that's beautiful for a learning experience! You really make me want an embroidery machine... lol

Susan said...

Lovely....... You seem to be learning a lot.

McIrish Annie said...

Stabilizers are key! will keep your work nice and flat. you are going to have lots of fun with your new machine

Mary Johnson said...

That's beautiful! I'm doing a little hand embroidery these days and enjoying it. It's nice to venture out and learn something new.

Yvonne said...

That's very pretty.

The Calico Quilter said...

You just started? That's exquisite! Now you're going to start me thinking about incorporating embroidery on quilts and I'll want a new machine! ARRRGH!

Shelina said...

Congratulations on your new machine. It looks like a lot of fun. Your heart is wonderful.