Thursday, March 12, 2009

Research



Ah, the sacrifices we make for our art! Melinda has issued a quilt challenge, and I have joined in. This is an ice cream challenge. Melinda assigns each person a flavor of ice cream and the color of the ice cream is the color you use in your quilt, plus (possibly) two others. My flavor is Butter Pecan. Now, I haven't had Butter Pecan in quite a while, I'm more of a vanilla girl. So I don't remember exactly the shade of Butter Pecan. Wanting to be correct in my color choice, I have to do some research. So here is my research: a newly opened carton of Butter Pecan, see the color. Then, a newly scooped carton, observe the difference the disturbed texture of the surface makes to the color. Aha! the color of a DISH of Butter Pecan.

You know, I think the artifical light of the nighttime kitchen is not giving a true representation. But I will pull some fabrics that are in this range and then, tomorrow, in daylight, ...I'll do more research! I just love a challenge!!

2 comments:

sewprimitive karen said...

Love your ice cream research, Gail. I thought butter pecan was real yellowwy but what do I know, I don't like it. Fun challenge, though.

McIrish Annie said...

What a cute challenge! and the lengths we must go to do research! LOL

Can't wait to see what you do with this. BTW Butter pecan is one of my (many) favorites.