Saturday, September 30, 2006

A brief escape





Our anniversary was this past week. I also sent my mother to visit my brother up north for a few days, so we were alone and able to go some where for the first time in years without arranging for others to care for mom. We managed a day trip and then a last minute overnight trip to a an inn in the Smokey Mtns of NC, in Bryson City. It was rustic, family run, no TV or phones, just home cooking, beautiful views and delightful innkeepers. I have a couple of photos to share-you guess which part I liked the best. LOL I was only able to get the interiors of our room and one other, but...well, you see how it was.

12 comments:

Finn said...

So nice to finally get a chance to just enjoy each others company and relax. It looks beautiful.

Joyce said...

Nice quilts. I hope you had a relaxing time.

sewprimitive karen said...

Looks like you had a great time, Gail!

Sweet P said...

What a great place to spend some time alone. The rooms are lovely.

Susan said...

I can smell the coffee.... and fresh pine scented air.....

Grea that you were able to have a brief respite from the normal cares of life.......

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

A little quiet time together and an escape - sounds wonderful! The view looks so peaceful!

Cheers!

Evelyn

ForestJane said...

I like the quilts on all the beds too... had the innkeepers made them?

And I love the pink quilt - but the wallpaper above it's a bit much!

Cher said...

well, a perfect anniversay get away I say. Good for you to give yourself the gift of some along time.

Cynthia said...

sounds like a lovely place to visit.

Eileen said...

Isn't it great when you can just up and go?
I like the quilts, but I really like the view.

Mary Johnson said...

Happy Anniversary. We've been to the Highlands in NC a couple times since we moved here and we really liked it.

Linda C said...

Gorgeous view and a wonderful getaway for you, Gail.