Sunday, September 17, 2006

Quilty weekend


This has been a pretty enjoyable weekend. Saturday morning I met Karen (Sewprimitive) at one of our local quilt shops. Turns out we have more in common than quilting-and we had a great visit. We spent a good amount of time looking around, making a few purchases and finished up by having lunch at a nearby diner. A real diner-silver outsides, enourmous pastry cases to tempt you, and the accented Greek waiter. I have spent the majority of the time since then in the sewing room, doing my ostrich block, making the block I purchased yesterday-the first in a 'buck-a-block' quilt from the LQS and putting a few other things together, all the while listening to an audio book. I guess I have pretty much had an at home retreat of sorts. Yes, a good weekend. The photo is the buck-a-block.

11 comments:

quiltpixie said...

that's a pretty block for a buck...

Eileen said...

I like the block. Will the rest of the quilt be those colors?

sewprimitive karen said...

Hey, Gail, the Buck a Block is pretty. Don't get me started on another project lol! So nice to meet up with you last Saturday and looking forward to the next, hopefully with Mary and anybody else who's in the Atlanta area.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

It is always nice to have an enjoyable weekend!

Cheers!

Evelyn

Joyce said...

That sounds like a nice relaxing weekend. I am hoping to have the same kind next weekend after being overloaded with company for the past month.

Cynthia said...

what a pretty block. I like the colors you have used.

I noticed you have been listening to an Audio book. Hope you're enjoying it.

Linda C said...

Sounds like you two had a wonderful time at the quilt shop and lunch. Nice block too--I'm looking at it and wondering what a whole quilt of it might look like. Off to EQ!

Mary Johnson said...

I emailed Karen that I wish I'd know you guys were meeting - I'd have liked to come along. I love Marietta diner too - it's not expensive and fun!

Hedgehog said...

Does anyone know the name of that block?

Susan said...

That is a most attractive block. Amazing what you can do with a few HST's...........

Glad you had a pleasant outing this weekend..........

Susan said...

That is a most attractive block. Amazing what you can do with a few HST's...........

Glad you had a pleasant outing this weekend..........