Thanks for all the comments on Lincoln's Platform. Once that one was finished being pieced, I turned my attention to the Turning Twenty that was already started on the frame and got that finished. Yesterday I trimmed away the excess backing/batting and made the binding. I hope that I will get a chance to machine sew the binding on after work today so that I will have a handwork project to do while watching television. Its getting exciting to be that close to finish-makes me want to get to it!
A POLL: I've been looking through my fabrics trying to see what's there, it makes me wonder if I have a particular style or color that I favor. I have concluded that so many appeal to me that I am just a kid turned loose in a candy store- have to try a little of everything. Sometimes the faded, old-looking romantics appeal, sometimes the batiks or really brights, sometimes homespuns. Various people have mentioned having favorites, Andrea says she loves butterflies, Karen (Sewprimitive) favors Jo Morton fabrics. So, here is the poll on the fabrics you choose to use:
1. What is your favorite color to use in your quilts?
2. Do you have a favorite style, ie. depression repros, 1800 repros, geometrics, florals, plaids, batiks, marbled, etc.?
3. Do you have a favorite line of fabrics, ie. Kaffee Fasset, one of Moda's lines, Jo Morton, etc.?
4. Do you tend to buy a particular subject , ie. butterflies, strawberries, cats?
5. Did I miss a category here?????