My design wall shows a bit of progress on my Star BOM from 2008. Since the Quiltathon, I’ve assembled & joined the top 3 rows, the bottom corner, the 4th row. I need to put the sashing in between the 3 and 4 rows, put them all together and then put the setting triangles at each end of the third row.
I found that I wasn’t happy with some of my piecing. Some problems you can’t fix and have to live with. Some problems fall under the Galloping Horse Rule and can be tolerated. Finally, there are those that you can and do fix, because you know they will drive you bonkers if you don’t. I wound up ripping out some stitching and re-sewing so that I wouldn’t go bonkers.
On the knitting front, I’ve turned the heel and started on the ankle/leg of my socks (toe up, two socks on two needles). I’m trying to do about an inch each evening during television. With all the repeats, it makes concentrating so much easier. I’d like to do more, by my hands start to cramp up in a short amount of time. So I knit a bit, rest the hands a bit, try to knit some more. I want these babies done, so I can wear them…and so I can start on the next pair.