Saturday, February 13, 2010

February Quiltathon….

Is getting off to a slow start. Yesterday the deep south was hit with a snowstorm, and ironically, the further south, the more snow. We are a bit north of Atlanta, so we didn’t get a whole lot, but before I had my first cup of coffee, I had to try for some snow photos.  Then, during my coffee, the sun started to come up and glisten-the stuff winter wonderlands are made of.  I’m not a great photographer, but here is a bit of my morning.  Before the sun (or coffee):snow, star BOM, dogs 030 and then  as the sun came upsnow, star BOM, dogs 055

snow, star BOM, dogs 058 (double click on the photo to enlarge)

Meanwhile, back in the sewing room, I have finally finished the stars for JudyL’s Star BOM. 

snow, star BOM, dogs 059It is time to do the sashing and setting triangles, but as I am looking at the fabrics I selected so long ago, I don’t like the way they work with the blocks. This was the original choice for setting square:

snow, star BOM, dogs 070

The bright/light green as the field, the mottled green/coral as some of the detail.  I’ve thought of reversing it, like this:

snow, star BOM, dogs 067

The mottled as the field, the bright as the detail.  Somehow, neither is working for me……..I think I’m about to spend time digging through the stash to find a better fit.

1 comment:

NN said...

Very clever, Gail.